Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Air conditioned pants...

...just what I needed. While waiting for the dealer to service my scooter today I had 4-1/2 hours to browse the "accessories" section and I ended up purchasing cool gloves, warm gloves, a thing I can soak in water to cool my head, a helmet liner to warm my head, a new visor for my helmet so I can see and riding pants made of mesh.

I took them for a ride in the 95 degree heat and they were amazing. At around 45mph the air actually felt cool. Around 70-80mph however, most of the air flows completely around my legs and it gets warmer... I guess we'll have another incentive to slow down besides the scenery.

I could have used these last summer when we went to New Mexico and it hovered around 100 while crossing Texas. One really cool feature is that the legs unzip and they convert into shorts to wear while exploring. They are also armored, so my knees will get the same protection my elbows currently have. Marlene proved those pads really work when she fell off her bike last year. Hopefully I will never test them!

1 comment:

  1. I should have had those pants on when I fell, that would have helped avoid that huge bruise!

    ReplyDelete