Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Old Photos

I haven't had much to add about our Alaska trip lately, I'm still getting my scooter ready with new tires and testing my gear. I'm finally able to sleep soundly through the night on my Cot (without the tent part) with my sleeping bag and matress. Soon I'll be totally comfortable sleeping on something only 2' wide and 6" longer than I am. I still have to get used to not being able to stretch completely out - my feet and hands can't stick off the end once I have the tent on the cot! A week or so before the trip I'll probably add the tent back on to get used to it.

My Nana sent me some old photos last week and I thought I'd share the ones with Motorcycles (and Van Sickles) in them. Mom and Dad, you'll have to help me with the story on these old ones - let me know in the comment section below...




The first is dated April 7, 1974. I didn't notice the little girls in the background on the right until I scanned it in the computer and adjusted the image!





The second is dated May 1978.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The third one looks like it was taken in Santa Barbara

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The last one is from January 2009. It was a great day for a ride through the hill country, and we made a quick stop at my house to show the girls our borrowed bikes.












2 comments:

  1. The little girls are April and Robin White. They were the twins who lived across the street.
    I think the other picture in 78 is when we lived in Mira Mesa. Not sure about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First pic was Eve Beach Hawaii, Second was Whites Point (San Pedro)Ca, Third photo was My friends 1923 Triumph 1996 in Santa Barbara Ca

    ReplyDelete